Hey, Follow Me

Friday, January 31, 2014

week five: craft night and some favorites




Once upon a time, there was girl who finally had a place of her own and had a dream of crafting with friends of all ages on a regular basis. Needless to say, that dream became a reality three years ago. She never dreamed that at the most recent craft night they would have 19 in attendance. Sometimes there have been only 6 who came. Although the projects vary from time to time and we usually bring more food than craft supplies, one thing remains the same... Women of all generations are sharing and doing life together. When I first started this, I never really viewed this as a ministry, but that's exactly what it has become. I can always count on craft night to leave me in tears from laughing so hard. The more people share about how fun craft night is, the more friends they bring. It's contagious and growing. I view it as an exciting challenge to find new and innovative craft projects to do..
From October's Craft Night where we made coffee filter wreaths. Too Fun! 

My heart is full from all of the joy from craft nights.  I look around my home and see countless projects we've done together.  I love that it is changing and improving. I love that people want to come and spend time together.  Community is a beautiful way for God to love us. 


This week we did etched mason jars and I followed this fantastic tutorial from the yummy life.  seriously, so helpful!  It was a quick easy project and we also enjoyed a baked potato bar and delicious desserts.  I'm counting my craft for this week as the etched mason jar. Go check out that tutorial if you want in on the fun and if you live close, I can probably help you out with supplies! :)
From November Craft Night, where we had 22 in attendance!  We made christmas blocks! 

Now on to some favorites [fabric-wise],  I'm loving these new fabrics on Hawthorne Threads.  May have to purchase soon...

Alexander Henry -ABC collection
Allison Cole- What A Gem

Lori Whitlock -Lazy Day

Bonnie Christine -Fly By In Day


What are you loving lately?
-emilee

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea!! It's a great ministry that I would enjoy immensely.

    ReplyDelete